[Fedora-packaging] Some packaging guidelines suggestions

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Sun Oct 9 18:01:05 UTC 2005

Le dimanche 09 octobre 2005 à 09:06 -0400, Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams a
écrit :
> On Sun, 2005-10-09 at 12:10 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > 2. Follow the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard
> >
> > Always follow the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard rules when choosing file
> > locations. The FHS (http://www.pathname.com/fhs/) is one standard
> > everyone seems to agree on.
>
> Unfortunately SELinux interferes with this sometimes (e.g., putting
> static web apps in /usr/share with the data for it stored under /srv).

Well, this is kind of a special case. Someone needs to put hard rules in
the FHS concerning webapps, and tools will follow.

Selinux deserves a big fat § in the guidelines but I'm not the one to
write it. Maybe this formulation is better ?

2. Follow the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard

Always follow the Filesystem Hierarchy Standard (http://www.pathname.com/fhs/)
rules when choosing file locations. Exceptions must be approved on the
fedora extras mailing list.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot