[Fedora-packaging] packages which add user accounts: is fedora-usermgmt the way?

Christian.Iseli at licr.org Christian.Iseli at licr.org
Thu Sep 8 06:20:19 UTC 2005

jspaleta at gmail.com said:
> I'll send over Uncle Nikko with his wide array of "convincing" arguments.
> Which would you prefer tire-iron,wrench, wooden baseball bat or perhaps
> crowbar.

Ah, bring them all :-)  I'm the official FE crack dealer now, remember ?  So
I'm ready for anything ;-)

> Remember Extras a path to inclusion in Core for "important" items.
> We aren't going to get anywhere at all if we collectively hold our breath,
> stick our head in the sand, and wait for someone inside redhat to deem this
> important or not-important and decide to add the optimal solution to Core. We
> get much further by building a flexible solution in Extras and adjust it
> based on growing experience using the solution.

No doubt about that.  But up to now, IMHO requesting fedora-usermgt in
pre/post scriptlets is a solution in search of a real problem.

Time for a vote ?  We love to vote in Switzerland... :-)

Cheers,
					Christian