[Fedora-packaging] Fix problems building Extras packages for FC3 and FC4

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Sun Aug 6 11:07:46 UTC 2006

Hi!

Now that mock on the Extras builders was updated to 0.6 (thx dgilmore
for your work) we noticed that there are big problems building Extras
packages for FC3 and FC4. For details see this thread:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-extras-list/2006-August/msg00091.html

The problem is well know and described in #196930 -- opened by Paul
Howarth on 2006-06-27

We really should fix this as soon as possible. That means:

- add elfutils to the default buildroot in all Fedora Dists < FC5
- add python to the default buildroot in FC3 and FC4

Everyone (especially fedora-packaging) fine with that? I'd like to see
this fixed soon and would like to avoid waiting for the next meetings.

If yes: can somebody (skvidal) please apply this patch:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/attachment.cgi?id=133705
and update http://buildsys.fedoraproject.org/buildgroups/ please?

The patch does what's described above and also fixes the default
buildroots for older dists (see patch for details).

CU
thl