[Fedora-packaging] Re: kmdl proposal and kmod flaws

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Aug 8 10:11:50 UTC 2006

On Tue, Aug 08, 2006 at 12:04:51PM +0200, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> Axel Thimm schrieb:
> >I've created a wiki page outlining the kmdl design as well as showing
> >the flaws of the current kernel module scheme ("kmod"):
> >
> >	  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AxelThimm/kmdls
>
> Just FYI, I won't oppose this in general -- if people think this is the
> way forward (*1) and if we get a buy in from Core developers, too, I'm
> fine with working further on it.

Thanks.

> CU
> thl
>
> (*1) -- But I doubt that it is because some important pieces of this
> scheme are similar to the one we started with when we developed the
> current kmod-standard

I hope that the wiki page is outlining the issues good enough for
non-kernel-module experts, too, so that pointing Core folks disliking
this proposal to the wiki may help.

But first the fedora-packaging group needs to give it's blessing
before the real nasty guys show up ;)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net