[Fedora-packaging] Re: Mail voting on kmdl adoption

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon Aug 14 15:35:27 UTC 2006

Just to give the good example. Please do your voting and let's see
where we stand. My batteries are running out, repeating the same
arguments again and again isn't fun. So let's either do it or drown
it.

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 12:58:03PM +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I suggest to vote through email about replacing the current kernel
> scheme with the kmdl or similar scheme.
>
> a) kernel module scheme needs uname-r-in-name

+1

> b) kernel module scheme needs one-specfile approach (for both usreland
>    and kernel modules)

+1

> c) kernel module scheme needs to be kernel agnostic (both version
>    *and* flavour)

+1

> d) support for coinstallation of kmdls should be pushed into FC6 asap
>    (working plugin has already been submitted here and tested be
>    ATrpms users). Requires a positive vote on a-c)

+1

> e) Adoption of kmdl interface scheme as used at ATrpms and outlined on
>    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/AxelThimm/kmdls. Requires a positive
>    vote on a-d)

+1

> f) Assignment to kmdl-task force to integrate kmdl support into the
>    buildsystems used by Fedora (myself volunteering). Requires a
>    positive vote on a-e)

+1

> g) Allow kmdl package submissions to Fedora Core/Extras. Requires a
>    positive vote on a-f)

+1

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net