[Fedora-packaging] Re: Mail voting on kmdl adoption

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Aug 14 19:15:59 UTC 2006

JK> Or, instead of introducing the insanity of uname-r in name, we can
JK> put effort into adjusting rpm and yum to handle this sort of
JK> package situation correctly.

It seems like what we really need is some sort of two-dimensional
versioning.  I guess everyone will just laugh at me for suggesting it,
but for a plugin/module "foo" having version "M" which works with
"packageA" version "N", just call it "packageA-module-foo-M,N", teach
the depsolvers how to deal with it, and get on with life.

 - J<