[Fedora-packaging] The .pc and pkgconfig issue

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Aug 17 11:51:23 UTC 2006

On Thursday 17 August 2006 00:34, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> It seems Matthias Clasen (mclasen at redhat.com) wants to debate this and
> I'm not sure what to do.  I don't have any arguments other than
> directory ownership and "that's what the committee decided".

My comments (put in bugzilla and discussed on IRC last night)

Until such time as the filesystem package owns the %{_libdir}/pkgconfig
directory, this guideline will stand.  If filesystem owns the directory and we
remove the fact that many packages could end up owning it, we can revisit this
issue and possible remove the necessity on pkgconfig for any file that drops a
.pc file.  However the former needs to happen before we discuss the latter.

--
Jesse Keating
Release Engineer: Fedora