[Fedora-packaging] Re: rpm -i, "missing" file conflicts and brokenness with kmods

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Sat Aug 19 00:34:47 UTC 2006

On Fri, Aug 18, 2006 at 08:24:25PM -0400, seth vidal wrote:
> On Sat, 2006-08-19 at 02:19 +0200, Axel Thimm wrote:
> > o rpm -i behaves properly with file conflicts
> > o yum may for some reason turn of file conflict checking
>
> There is no code in yum that disables file conflict checking.

I wouldn't think so myself, but Thorsten's report seems to indicate
this.

Is there some other explanation why people don't see file conflicts
under yum?

Note that according to Thorsten's report this is w/o any special
kmod/kmdls or other plugins (or only installn, but that shouldn't
matter).
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net