[Fedora-packaging] Guidelines for packaging PHP

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Mon Aug 21 14:45:37 UTC 2006

RC> I saw that this Guidelines is no more in draft state, but i don't
RC> see anything about the approvement on the list.

It was voted upon in one of our regular meetings and is thus mentioned
in the meeting minutes.  The appropriate changes were also made in the
wiki.

RC> Can you tell me if it is ok to push the RPM witch are ready on the
RC> CVS and to run the build ?

Assuming that they meet the guidelines, which would entail a review.
I'm not sure that any review made before the guidelines were finished
really counts as a review.

Also note that the updated php-pear pear package which contains the
updated macros mentioned in the guidelines still has not been released
as an update for FC5, so currently you can only target FC6.  On my
TODO list is the addition of some information on targeting FC5 and
older releases.

 - J<