[Fedora-packaging] Re: Absolute symlinks

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Aug 22 14:44:16 UTC 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 11:21:41PM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> rpmlint spits symlink-should-be-relative warnings when it sees an
> absolute symlink, and generally folks have fixed things up when
> presented with the warning.

what is the rationale behind preferring relative to absolute symlinks
(unless relative means in the same folder)? I would even prefer it the
other way around to avoid breakage.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net