[Fedora-packaging] Re: RFC: Creating meta group packages via comps

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Tue Aug 29 19:45:25 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 29 August 2006 20:00, Jeremy Katz wrote:
> The argument about a "noob" is pretty much moot as they're far more
> likely to be using the graphical interface as opposed to yum on the
> command line.  And at that point, the comps file becomes even _more_
> important as it's used for the entirety of the display.

  OTHO, since any package is listed in just one category does not help so much
users and I am not talking about new users only.

  Something like trove would be interesting, after all world is not just black
and white. :-)

  The possible solution should be clearly a superset of comp files to avoid
synchronisation problems...

  One way to do it would be to use something like:

<group>
<packagereq type="mandatory" index="primary">xxxx</packagereq>
</group>
<group>
<packagereq type="optional" index="secondary">xxxx</packagereq>
</group>

--
José Abílio