[Fedora-packaging] Mono Packaging Issues

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Tue Jun 13 07:33:20 UTC 2006

On Tue, 2006-06-13 at 09:35 +0300, Ville Skyttä wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 22:41 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>
> > Fedora's Python and Perl place arch independent data into /usr/lib,
>
> It can be argued that this is a packaging glitch (which is hard to fix
> in a backwards compatible manner) in both of them.

True.  But in my response to spot, I'm using these examples to ask if
all the arch independent data should be consolidated into one place
rather than whether that place is /usr/lib or /usr/share.

If you want to bring that point up you can but after thinking about it
this weekend I couldn't come up with a truly compelling reason.