[Fedora-packaging] Mono Packaging Issues

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Jun 14 08:05:01 UTC 2006

Le Mer 14 juin 2006 09:20, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :

> In the boo package review there was one revision where the upstream
> tarball was all precompiled .dlls and .exes.  After pointing this out,
> the packager (Paul Johnson) found the tarball with source and packaged
> that instead.  If it's common for upstream projects to distribute both
> source and binary versions of their mono packages we'll have to be
> vigilant about checking the source tarballs really contain sources and
> not precompiled CIL PEs that install with make install.

I believe that since .Net cloned a big part of Java, Java and Mono target
the same kind of windows developper with no rpm of FHS background, both
mono and java upstreams are pretty close WRT the packaging problems they
cause.

If the java and mono Red Hat / Fedora packagers are not religious about
the langage bit, they may find more than worth their time cooperating on
common packaging solutions

--
Nicolas Mailhot