[Fedora-packaging] Mono Packaging Issues

Toshio Kuratomi toshio at tiki-lounge.com
Mon Jun 19 15:15:52 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-06-19 at 08:55 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le dimanche 18 juin 2006 à 23:39 -0700, Toshio Kuratomi a écrit :
> > Put DLLs
> > in arch specific directories (somewhere under %{_libdir}).
>
> This is what Java does

I think this is a little different from java (Note: You are a java
packager and I'm not, so correct me if I'm wrong.)  In java, the jars go
into %{_javadir} which is defined as %{_datadir}/java.  Most jars are
compiled to native code which goes somewhere under %{_libdir}.

Because mono is only checking for precompiled DLLs in the same directory
as the DLL you can't separate the DLLs from the dll.so's as you can JARS
from jar.so's.