[Fedora-packaging] Debuginfo packages

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Sat May 20 09:07:08 UTC 2006

FYI, I wrote a packager info blurb about debuginfo packages, see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/Debuginfo

Potential problem cases, see roughly < 10kB files at:
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/core/development/i386/debug/?C=S;O=A
http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/extras/development/i386/debug/?C=S;O=A
(download.fedora.redhat.com's dir indexes aren't sortable)

I've reported bugs against a bunch of Extras packages lately and some of
have been already fixed.  Sanity checking debuginfo packages would also
be an useful addition to the packaging/reviewing guidelines IMO, so I
added it to Packaging/GuidelinesTodo in Wiki.  The next upstream version
of rpmlint (> 0.76) will also have a check for empty debuginfo packages.