[Fedora-packaging] Using of date in snapshot versions

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Fri Apr 13 17:21:48 UTC 2007

On Fr April 13 2007, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:

> To be logical about date (I won't defend the use of date here, just if
> it is being used) you could checkout by date:
>   svn co -r '{2007-04-13}'

This only works for dates that have already passed. It seems to me, that

svn co -r '{2007-04-13}'

will include any changesets up to 2007-04-13 00:00 (don't know which timezone,
I guess the servers one). So when I want to include a changeset that happend
later on 2007-04-13, I have to use

svn co -r '{2007-04-14}'

which will include all changesets up to now, but when invoked a day latey, it
may include also other changesets. This is a problem I encountered yesterday,
because I needed a recent revision, which contains a security fix.

> date-which-I-can-tell-the-revision-control-system-so-I-can-get-the-same-che
>ckout-you-did
>
> which is date of checkout when you checkout HEAD.

When is this meant, than in case of svn the revision would be a better
substitution, when the date is today.

Regards,
Till