[Fedora-packaging] Package EOL procedure when merging two packages

Todd Zullinger tmz at pobox.com
Fri Aug 3 17:09:35 UTC 2007

Jesse Keating wrote:
> I suppose I should mark this as instead of 'devel' as 'any place the
> package is being removed from'.  Typically we don't kill packages in
> released Fedoras, but for the obsoletes case we do, and thus we'd
> need to block it from F7 as well.

The wording on the wiki does seem clear:

"Send mail to rel-eng at fedoraproject.org asking the package to be
blocked from the appropriate collections in which it is retired."

I used devel in my message since that's where it would be removed from
first.  I don't know if it'd be slightly clearer to say branches
instead of collections.

(And I take this as a yes that I'll need to follow that step.
Thanks!)

Only government can take perfectly good paper, cover it with perfectly
good ink and make the combination worthless.
    -- Milton Friedman