[Fedora-packaging] Licensing guidelines suggestions

Paul Howarth paul at city-fan.org
Mon Aug 13 12:30:06 UTC 2007

Paul Howarth wrote:
> Ville Skyttä wrote:

>>> I think we're going to need the Fedora Board to decide this. Its a
>>> little outside of our jurisdiction, unfortunately.
>>
>> Ok, I'll forward the question to fab-list, hopefully they'll pick this
>> up.
>
> I'll be waiting for a resolution of this before updating most of my perl
> module packages - depending on the result, the "same as perl" licensed
> modules may be "GPL+" or "GPL+ or Artistic". I favour the latter
> personally as that's what the upstream authors intended.

I've been working my way through my packages, updating the license
fields as appropriate. I just came across perl-Tie-EncryptedHash, which
is under the Artistic license (only). If this is not an acceptable
license, the package will have to go, and so will perl-Crypt-RSA (which
depends on it) and anything else that depends on that.

Paul.