[Fedora-packaging] commands under privileged users' path

Mamoru Tasaka mtasaka at ioa.s.u-tokyo.ac.jp
Thu Aug 23 17:39:48 UTC 2007

Well, currently I am reviewing several reviewing requests
and I asked a submitter to change user/group registration
scriptlets according to
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging/UsersAndGroups
and he/she changed as such.

Then I noticed :
%pre servers
# Following the Wiki instructions ...
getent group iceuser > /dev/null || groupadd -r iceuser
<snip>

Here "groupadd" (which is in Fedora under /usr/sbin)
is used by only basename, not by full path. IMO this will cause
a problem when "yum update" or "rpm -ivh" is done by normal
users using "su -c" or "sudo" because normal users usually
don't have /usr/sbin in their path.

So I think that the following should be added to the wiki
that commands which are under privileged users' path and
not under normal users' path must be written with full path.

Do you have any suggestions?

Regards,
Mamoru