[Fedora-packaging] BuildRoot and mktemp -d

R P Herrold herrold at owlriver.com
Tue Feb 13 22:39:07 UTC 2007

On Wed, 14 Feb 2007, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> Using mktemp -d in specfiles' BuildRoot means that quite a
> few stray temp dirs will start to appear in %{_tmppath}.
> For example "rpm -q --specfile foo.spec" and "rpmbuild -bs
> foo.spec" create them, and nothing cleans them up (no,
> tmpwatch doesn't count) - we probably don't want that.

umm, if it is to be so done,  passing mktemp a subordinate
'template' directory pattern of

 	-p %{_tmppath}rpm-build/{...whatever nameing per build instance}

may be helpful in confining this to a known search sub-tree in
%{_tmppath}; I know I go poking in the RPM-BUILD temp dirs on
occasion when builds are being diagnosed, but also like to
clean house confidently when space gets tight.

-- Russ Herrold