[Fedora-packaging] Stopping the mandatory buildroot insanity

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue Feb 20 16:57:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-20 at 09:20 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> AT> Request for voting on dropping the *mandatory* from the guidelines
> AT> and explicitely cast it into a *suggestion*
>
> -1

-1
This puts us back where we started.  It was a suggestion until recently.
The fact that it wasn't mandatory just confused reviewers and made
people debate the issue over and over inside of bugzilla.

Let's move forward:
1) Make a clear rule on a buildroot value that fixes the technical
issues.
2) Get changes made to rpm so that F7/8 and RHEL6 don't have to worry
about this.