[Fedora-packaging] Re: Draft: Init Scripts

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Mon Feb 26 18:15:37 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote :

> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 07:15:22PM -0600, Rex Dieter wrote:
> > Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
> > > Here's another possibly related question I found while grepping
> > > through core package specs:
> > >
> > > Do we care about use of %{_initrddir} versus
> > > %{_sysconfdir}/rc.d/init.d/?  Is one preferred over the other?
> >
> > imo, the former, since that is precisely what it exists for.
>
> While at it could we have the typo in the macro fixed? We can keep the
> old one indefinitely around for compatibility's sake.

Yeah, *please* don't go deciding to use a macro which has a broken and
confusing name. I'd suggest either :
- Using /etc/rc.d/init.d/foo "hardcoded" in %files (as Bill writes, the
path is pretty much written in stone).
- Using a new "fixed" macro for people who want that (useless?) warm
fuzzy feeling lines beginning with "%" give them.

Matthias

Fedora Core release 6 (Zod) - Linux kernel 2.6.19-1.2895.fc6
Load : 0.13 0.12 0.15