[Fedora-packaging] paragraph on shipping static numerical libs updated

Patrice Dumas pertusus at free.fr
Sun Jun 3 10:02:25 UTC 2007

On Sun, Jun 03, 2007 at 10:02:39AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> -1
>
> 1. This proposal is not in the distro's interest, because it causes
> additional bloat.

I forgot to add that, I'll do another try later.

> 2. This proposal's focus on "numerical libs" is silly.
> It tries to implement a special exception into the FPC based on an
> application domain, while the problem actually is application domain
> independent.
>
> The real problem is: Cross-distro packaging of local packages, which
> some people (bogusly) try to approach static linkage.

This issue is addressed by the new paragraph, isn't it? Anyway I don't
care about not having it in the guidelines, I can put it in my personal
page in the wiki (although such thing doesn't exist yet).

It is not really an exception, since this exception is already accepted
since FESCO ratified the original proposal (unless I missed something).
It is more a precision.

--
Pat