[Fedora-packaging] Re: Update to php-eaccelerator and how to make it "just work"

Matthias Saou thias at spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.spam.egg.and.spam.freshrpms.net
Fri Jun 22 14:27:26 UTC 2007

Axel Thimm wrote :

> On Fri, Jun 22, 2007 at 02:49:38PM +0200, Matthias Saou wrote:
> > The only one I can think of is to have php-eaccelerator create its
> > own group in which it'll put apache, lighttpd and eventually others,
>
> This package will be installable w/o pulling in all those packages and
> some of them create their user at package installation time. Which
> means that when php-eaccelerator is installed, but say lighttpd not,
> how would php-eaccelerator be able to add lighttpd into its group?
>
> Sounds like you would end up with %triggers.

That's what I wrote :-) You trimmed this part :

"I was also thinking of adding the web server users to the group by
using triggers in the php-eaccelerator package."

The other "middle ground" solution I can think of is to have the cache
directory be owned by "apache:eacceler" and mode g+wS as it would then
work out-of-the-box with apache, and would only require adding any
other web server users to the "eacceler" group for them to start
working too. (note that all cache directories and files are created
world readable/writable, which is why I currently "protect" the main
cache directory with a restrictive mode, as it would be a big security
issue otherwise)

Matthias

Fedora release 7 (Moonshine) - Linux kernel 2.6.21-1.3228.fc7
Load : 0.14 0.33 0.33