[Fedora-packaging] Re: cmake guideline update proposal

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Tue Jun 26 22:49:20 UTC 2007

On Tue, Jun 26, 2007 at 03:25:57PM -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> RD> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackagingDrafts/cmake
>
> I'm not even sure this kind of thing needs to go through the packaging
> committee.  For example, I doubt rpm maintainers would consult us if
> they wanted to change, say, the %configure macro.  This seems to me to
> be something best worked out between the cmake maintainer(s) and
> packagers who need the %cmake macro.
>
> But if you want an ack, +1 assuming that the cmake-using packagers
> have been consulted.

+1 from me, too. Like Jason says it's probably an implementation
detail and for example with redhat-rpm-config we've been only given
recommendations and have not been feeling authoritatively (maybe it's
a grey zone in the FPC's mandate), but if it's considered out business
to decide +1 with an FPC hat on, as well. :)
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net