[Fedora-packaging] FESCO responses to PC drafts 2007-03-29

Jason L Tibbitts III tibbs at math.uh.edu
Thu Mar 29 18:19:09 UTC 2007

I figure it's worth writing this up.

PackagingDrafts/PostRelease
  FESCO approves, but Warren would like a comment added to the effect
  that packagers should document in the specfile any weird upstream
  versioning conventions which they're trying to massage into a
  sortable RPM EVR.

  I indicated that I did not believe that the PC would have any issue
  with adding such a comment.

PackagingDrafts/ExtraDistTagConditionalMacros
  FESCO is onboard here, but the issue is down to implementation.  And
  of course there's an ongoing thread in fedora-devel.

PackagingDrafts/Utf8Filenames
  FESCO approves.

 - J<