[Fedora-packaging] Re: Building a set of packages where some BuildRequire others

Mary Ellen Foster mefoster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 11:07:07 UTC 2007

On 30/03/07, Axel Thimm <Axel.Thimm at atrpms.net> wrote:
> Are ice-java-devel and ice-java subpackages of the same build? If yes,
> you can use slice2java within one specfile. If not, then the naming is
> a bit awkward, but what would stop you from using BuildRequires:
> ice-java-devel in ice-java? Or is ice-java-devel dependent on
> ice-java, e.g. you have a circular build dependency, e.g. a
> bootstraping problem?

I'm using the upstream package names for now; maybe I should rename
them to "ice-java" and "ice-java-runtime" or something like that.
Unfortunately, these two packages can't be built from the same SRPM,
because the runtime is noarch (only jar files) while the development
stuff contains binaries (a translator written in C++ to convert ice
files into Java source).

Or is it possible to use the same SRPM to generate both arch and
noarch packages simultaneously? If so, that would make my life simpler

I'll try to put up some packages for review in the next day or two.

MEF

--
Mary Ellen Foster
http://homepages.inf.ed.ac.uk/mef/