[Fedora-packaging] Re: Second user/group handling draft

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Mon May 14 21:03:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, May 14, 2007 at 04:47:28PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Axel Thimm (Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net) said:
> > > No, you can't. No prereqs allowed that early in the transaction.
> >
> > prereqs? I was thinking more in the line of %post scripts that create
> > a new passwd/group with the most current shipped uid/gid < 100 and
> > save over the >= 100 uid/gids.
>
> You said 'have setup upgrade'. setup cannot have scriptlets (and this
> sort of thing is horribly ugly anyways.)

Well, what do you propose on how to deal with changes in passwd short
of requiring the user to run anaconda? Every age and a while there are
changes needed after all.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net