[Fedora-packaging] Re: Regarding PHP guidelines -- pear packages

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Wed Jul 9 21:26:29 UTC 2008

On Wed, Jul 09, 2008 at 09:36:12PM +0530, Rakesh Pandit wrote:
> Hello all,
>
>    I had a confusion regarding PHP libraries which have a pending
> draft at pear.php.net but haven't been yet included in pear. May we go
> ahead packaging them as pear? Or package them as non pear PHP
> libraries and wait for proposal to pass? Or it is upto packager?
>       For example php-openid[1] or php-oauth[2] has a proposed status
> for pear.

FWIW when php-openid was first packaged the then actual version was in
pear. I don't know why it was removed, but one of the TODO items
upstream was to get it back in officially.

> OpenID review is already going on and i am a bit impatient
> getting oauth also in ;-)
>
> Suggestions?

I'm interpreting "pear" as used within the FP guidelines as a
packaging technology and not as a name of a collection. Otherwise we
would have to rename packages back and forth everytime there is a
change in the pear collection.

> May be PHP Packaging wiki page[3] requires some update regarding this.

If the FPC agrees, then the technology vs collection nomenclature
should be added to clarify.

--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net