[Fedora-packaging] Fedora Packaging Committee Meeting (Tuesday July 22)

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Tue Jul 22 09:29:35 UTC 2008

On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 01:22:09PM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> Again, to reiterate, the Board simply said that it was in support of
> MinGW in Fedora, but it should be separated, and that FESCo should
> handle the technical specifics.

What is the board's rationale for putting MinGW packages in a separate
repository, when other cross-compiler toolchain (eg ARM) are in the main
Fedora repository. Seems to me like we're penalizing MinGW  just
because it happens to be related to Windows, even though MinGW's code
is still just as open source as anything else in our repos.

Daniel