[Fedora-packaging] Remakes legality question

Christian Morales Vega cmorve69 at yahoo.es
Sun Jul 27 12:29:31 UTC 2008

I was trying to package a Road Fighter
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Road_Fighter) remake:
http://roadfighter.jorito.net/ -
http://www.braingames.getput.com/roadf/default.asp in the openSUSE
Build Service for openSUSE and Fedora. Since looks like Fedora  has
more experience and looks deeper at legal questions I'm asking here.

The problem is nobody is very sure about the legal questions
(http://www.braingames.getput.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=678&PN=1).
- Can the remake be named "Road Fighter"?
- If isn't just also a "cars game", but even the tracks are made
thinking in being the same than in the original game... it's a
problem? (if it's a copy of the full game the "full game copyright"
applies?)
- I suppose the tracks can't have "ads" with "Konami" name, true?
- Should any mention to Konami be removed, or things like this one
(http://img360.imageshack.us/my.php?image=roadfighterscreenwi0.jpg)
aren't a problem?

Thanks.