[Fedora-packaging] Unifying Fedora and openSuse packaging guidelines, rpmmacros and scriplets

Hans de Goede j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl
Thu Jun 12 19:54:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

As a result fo some discussion on the fdo distributions list, I've been having
some very interesting discussions with people from Suse, currently one of them
(Stanislav Brabec) is preparing a wiki document describing the differences, and
shared problems we have like gtk-update-icon-cache, etc.

We would really like to continue our discussions in the open and Stanislav had
discussed this with the rpm.org people, and as they are interested in large
parts of this discussion they have suggesting to join rpm-maint at lists.rpm.org.
This is not a high traffic list (about 50 mails/month), and most people there
would be interested in the discussion anyway.