[Fedora-packaging] Requires(hint):

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Sun Jun 22 03:00:14 UTC 2008

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs at math.uh.edu> writes:
> I don't disagree, but "correct" and "workable" are different things;
> as much as we wish it were so, we have to work with the rpm we have,
> not the one we wish we had.

Hmm, I understand that upstream might be less than tractable, but
surely that doesn't prevent us from carrying our own patches that
enforce restrictions that Fedora deems desirable.

I don't like carrying distro-private patches more than anyone else;
but when you're talking about fundamental bits of distro infrastructure,
allowing someone else to dictate our project policy doesn't seem right.

			regards, tom lane