[Fedora-packaging] Re: Ownership of /etc/maven/fragments and /usr/share/maven2/poms

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Mon Jun 30 17:10:19 UTC 2008

Le lundi 30 juin 2008 à 12:53 -0400, Deepak Bhole a écrit :

> I think moving them to jpackage-utils would be sufficient, as it owns a
> multitude of other java related directories right now.

If it's ok for files to exist in those directories without maven being
present on-system, they belong in jpp-utils.

If you require maven presence before allowing a package to drop content
there, they belong in the maven package

>  I have put this
> down on my TODO list and will get to it on Monday (off today and
> tomorrow).
>
> > This would fix ownership issues for 22 packages currently.
> >
> > Another separate bug related issue is the fact that the contents of
> > /etc/maven/fragments do not seem to be configuration files, and so
> > probably should not live under /etc.  I do not have sufficient Java
> > knowledge to propose a solution, however.
> >

> Correct, technically they are not configuration related files. I'd be happy to
> move them, but I am not sure what the best place for them is either :/ ..
> suggestions are welcome.

/var/lib/maven should be ok. Owned by the maven package

--
Nicolas Mailhot