[Fedora-packaging] Re: Java packaging guidelines draft

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed Mar 26 10:28:57 UTC 2008

Le Mer 26 mars 2008 03:00, Jesse Keating a écrit :
> On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 21:43 -0400, Andrew Overholt wrote:
>> I don't recall that.  It was discussed that we'd like to deviate as
>> little as possible from JPackage conventions and work with them to
>> get
>> critical changes we need accepted there.
>
> Ok, I've made a bad assumption.
>
> What is preventing the Fedora guidelines from becoming the jpackage
> guidelines?

JPackage is a cross-distribution neutral ground. So its guidelines can
not be approved only at the Fedora level without alienating non-Fedora
JPP contributors. JPackage Fedora members can propose Fedora-oriented
changes, and those changes can be then adopted as-is by the project
(if other JPP players have no objection), but I don't think something
Fedora-branded, Fedora-hosted, and with only FPC or FESCO control is
going to fly.

--
Nicolas Mailhot