[Fedora-packaging] How to make SRPMs and RPMs?

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Fri May 23 21:53:33 UTC 2008

Hello *,

I am "new" to Fedora since I was using long time ago DLD (Deutsche Linux
Distribution from Delix which was bougth by RedHat in 1999) and I need a
little bit help to start.

If this list is not the right one, please let me know.

I am Debian GNU/Linux Consultant in Strasbourg and now have to work with
RedHat and Fedora since my customers proprietary software does not  work
on ANY Debian machines.

I need to package some software for my customer and like to know HOW  to
package it.  Curently I run only Debian Unstable/Stable and I  am  doubt
if I can create packages under Debian without installing a  Xen  Machine
for it since learning the  whole  RedHat/Fedora  thing  is  currently  a
little bit to much.

Now I have some questions:

1)  Where can I find the "Packaging Tutorial"?
2)  Where can I find the "Guidelines for Packaging"?
3)  Where can I find infos about the  FSH  (File  System  Hierarchy)
    since it is a little bit different from Debian?
4)  What does I need to build my own private fedors mirror (RPMs and
    SRPMs) with GPG signed packages?
5)  If I create my own private fedora mirror on  my  server,  is  it
    possibel under Fedora to have the mirror password protected?

x)  What should I know more?

y)  Is there a tutorial, "HOW TO INSTALL"  a  Fedora-Xen-DomU  on  a
    Debian host system.  My Development station is a AMD Phenom Quad
    9800 with 8 GByte of memory and 74 GByte SCI/SCA drives (one per
    guest OS).

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    24V Electronic Engineer
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant
    Fedora Newbie  :-)

+49/177/9351947    50, rue de Soultz         MSN LinuxMichi
+33/6/61925193     67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)