[Fedora-packaging] mass-filed --excludedocs bugs

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Mon Aug 10 14:20:02 UTC 2009

Panu Matilainen <pmatilai at laiskiainen.org> writes:
> ...but that wouldn't do anything to help things like %_install_langs,
> %_netsharedpath, --excludepath etc. And really, the scriptlets are
> cluttered enough already without having all of them try to work with
> each and every obscure rpm switch and "feature."

Yeah.  Are you in favor of just dropping --excludedocs and related
features, then?  To me, --excludedocs is worth keeping, but the
rest are not.

Personally I'd be happy if a macro were provided and packagers just
had to write
	%install-info mypackage.info
and then there's only one place we have to get it right.

			regards, tom lane