[Fedora-packaging] how to force rpmbuild to use local libraries?

Krzesimir Nowak qdlacz at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:22:07 UTC 2009

Hi,

I'm using Fedora 11, so all software in repository are stable ones, but
I'm developing a library using unstable versions of them (e.g. I have
now glibmm24 2.20, and I need it in version 2.21.3). I have those
unstable versions installed in my home directory (that is `~/usr/') and
I'm testing my library on them by using parallel environment provided by
`jhbuild shell'. I decided to build a package with rpmbuild, but it uses
`/usr/' path for everything (pkg-config files and such) even if I
execute it from my parallel environment, so building the package ends
quickly with message of unmet dependencies or in configure stage, when I
pass `--nodeps' option. My question is: is there a way to force rpmbuild
to use libraries in my home directory instead of those in `/usr/'?

Thanks for your help,
Krzem.