[Fedora-packaging] Re: Generic filtering macros...

Panu Matilainen pmatilai at laiskiainen.org
Fri Jun 5 07:30:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 4 Jun 2009, Chris Weyl wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 6:47 PM, Chris Weyl <cweyl at alumni.drew.edu> wrote:
>       I've added this, though it's brief and based on a 30-minute
>       examination of the two:
>
>        https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Features/BetterRpmAutoReqProvFiltering/OtherFilte
>       ringSystems
>

> And might be reasonably be termed "biased". :)  Edits welcome.

As a generic filtering mechanism this is a no-go, doing this breaks
multilib as Fedora uses it:

%global _use_internal_dependency_generator 0 \

Multilib-safe filtering mechanism needs to be bolted to the internal
dependency generator, patches welcome... The other alternative would be
killing the multilib coloring which would "only" require splitting all
relevant packages to separate -libs etc to avoid elf32/elf64 binary
collisions (which the multilib coloring currently hides)

 	- Panu -