[Fedora-packaging] Re: Putting the new GConf Schema Guidelines into effect

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 15:42:04 UTC 2009

On 06/12/2009 07:43 AM, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> Also, FESCo asked if there was a plan to mass update all the packages.
> Do you guys want to have that happen?  I told FESCo that the old way of
> writing GConf install scripts was fine.  Just a bit slower and with more
> text to write into every spec file.

Talked to halfline on IRC and he's definitely for keeping updating of
spec files optional.  We're all hoping that file triggers can reach a
usable state and we can switch directly to those instead of having to
switch to macros first and file triggers later.  But there's also no
reason to stop packages from taking advantage of the macros.

Note that the performance gains from using the macros should be lower in
F12 than in previous releases as mclasen has improved the performance of
gconf in this area.