[Fedora-packaging] removal of pre-built files

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Jun 25 09:00:18 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-06-19 at 06:39 +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> A requirement to rebuild the later has never existed in Fedora.
> They should be "rebuildable", if appropriate/feasible/neccessary for
> proper operation, but this was essentially left to the discretion of
> individual packagers and individual packages' demands
>
> That said, if there is something which I consider to be in need of
> further refinement, then its the definition of "binary" as being used in
> this section of the FPG.

A related item, how do you feel about files such as java script, that
are generated from .java source via google web toolkit.  The java script
file is not binary, and while it could be edited, it's not very friendly
to editing.  However upstream would like to pre-generate the java script
files as it removes a rather heavy build time requirement on google web
toolkit.  So the content /could/ be regenerated, but it doesn't need to
be.  Would these pre-generated files be acceptable to you in a Fedora
package?

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!