[Fedora-packaging] [Draft]Policy for creating filesystem subpackages

Jussi Lehtola jussilehtola at fedoraproject.org
Sun Jun 28 19:24:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-06-28 at 20:19 +0200, Jochen Schmitt wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> I have create a draft for a guildlines, which described under
> which condiition a so-called filsystem subpackages has to been
> created.

Methinks that this breaches a bit the current standard. When many
subpackages need common files, the common files are usually shipped as a
-common subpackage.

There are a few -filesystem packages too, but I agree with Nicolas that
they should only include the directory structure (and any essential
config files).
--
Jussi Lehtola
Fedora Project Contributor