[Fedora-packaging] Re: Generic filtering macros...

Chris Weyl cweyl at alumni.drew.edu
Tue Jun 30 18:45:00 UTC 2009

On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 12:30 AM, Panu Matilainen
<pmatilai at laiskiainen.org>wrote:

> As a generic filtering mechanism this is a no-go, doing this breaks
> multilib as Fedora uses it:
>
> %global _use_internal_dependency_generator 0 \

One thing I thought was obvious here is that the above line is only ever
invoked if %filter_setup is actually invoked.  The entire macro is %defined,
not %global, and is wrapped in an %expand macro, so it will only ever be
evaluated if a spec actually uses it, along the lines of:

  %define filter_setup %{expand: -internal-dep-overrides-here- }

                    -Chris
--
Chris Weyl
Ex astris, scientia