[Fedora-packaging] Pre-review Gudelines

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sat May 9 11:29:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 08, 2009 at 07:03:14PM -0700, Jesse Keating wrote:
> The java team wished to move forward and get packages beat into shape as
> they find issues building the whole mess together before they
> concentrate on the packaging aspects of it.

That's a terrible excuse!  With mingw we built the whole chain, nearly
a hundred packages, outside the distribution before we submitted a
single package to Fedora.  In fact, we had a rolling build which built
the whole chain against (at the time) Fedora 8, 9, 10 on i386 and
x86_64.

We even wrote a new tool (smock[1]) to automate the process.

Rich.

[1] http://hg.et.redhat.com/cgi-bin/hg-misc.cgi/fedora-mingw--devel/file/tip/smock