[Fedora-packaging] Pre-review Gudelines

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat May 9 15:41:45 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 01:14 -0500, Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:

> It seems to me that ideally there'd either be some other koji instance
> or some way to get the main buildsys to associate a tag with an
> external repository so that they could build up their stack with their
> own packages without actually having to get those packages into the
> main collection.  Actually, that would be really useful in general.

Well we do now have external repo support so in theory we could have
added an external repo to dist-f12-maven, done scratch builds of the
newer bits and tossed them manually in the side repo.  But what does
that really accomplish?  The packages are still going to get sucked into
Koji buildroots for dist-f12-maven, and builds are still going to be
tagged with dist-f12-maven, and private CVS branches are still going to
be made of packages to work in this tag.  What we're asking is a bit of
leeway on getting a few new packages into the cvs repo to work on (we
can put empty content or some other info content in devel/ and use a
private cvs branch to have the actual .spec and such being worked on) so
that they can easily be used while working on the rest of the maven
update.  When the packages are working well together, then they'd like
to submit them for review.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!