[Fedora-packaging] Pre-review Gudelines

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Sat May 9 15:43:03 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-09 at 12:29 +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> That's a terrible excuse!  With mingw we built the whole chain, nearly
> a hundred packages, outside the distribution before we submitted a
> single package to Fedora.  In fact, we had a rolling build which built
> the whole chain against (at the time) Fedora 8, 9, 10 on i386 and
> x86_64.
>
> We even wrote a new tool (smock[1]) to automate the process.

Excuse or not, it's what they asked me if they could do.  I fine tuned
their request to have minimal impact upon the rest of the infrastructure
and forwarded the request along to FESCo.  FESCo approved it, and asked
that the Packaging Committee come up with the bare level pre-review
items to clear out, such as legal and build from source issues.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!