[Fedora-packaging] Phase out buildroot?

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu May 21 00:46:18 UTC 2009

Since the rpm version shipped in Fedora 10 and beyond defines a default
buildroot, I think we can start phasing out the current buildroot
Guideline.  How about adding this to the start of the buildroot tag section?

"""
=== Buildroot tag ===
{{{admon/note|The RPM in Fedora 10 defines a default buildroot so in
Fedora 10 and above it is no longer necessary to define a buildroot tag.
Fedora < 10 and EPEL 5 or less still need to have the tag.}}}

[Current content remains until EPEL-5 is no longer maintained]
"""

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Phase_out_buildroot_tag_%28draft%29