[Fedora-packaging] "file listed twice" warning

Daniel Novotny dnovotny at redhat.com
Tue May 26 13:13:08 UTC 2009

hello,

I am now fixing stuff in a package for a merge review and this include getting rid of "file listed twice" warnings

the situation is this:

%files
%{mmdir}/Mailman
# ...
%attr(0644, root, %{mmgroup}) %config(noreplace) %verify(not md5 size mtime) %{mmdir}/Mailman/mm_cfg.py

so there's a directory, with lots of sub-directories and files, I want all of them included,
but one file of those needs special permissions, directives and such:

after that, rpmbuild tells me it's listed twice: once in the directory and once in the "%config", "%attr" definition

is there a way around this? probably a directive "I know the file is already listed, just want to change the flags"

 -Daniel Novotny