[Fedora-packaging] Failed Dependencies while installing

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Fri Apr 23 23:28:54 UTC 2010

On 04/23/2010 07:17 PM, MGandra at diskeeper.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have installed the complete SDK on the machine and trying to install
> our product which uses the libraries. When I install our product rpm it says
>
> error: Failed dependencies:
>
> libvixAllProducts.so is needed
>
> If I use –nodeps and install it will install and runs correctly.
>
> What should I do to make sure that I don’t get this error?

Make sure there is an RPM which provides libvixAllProducts.so.

I assume the only reason whatever iyou're trying to package runs despite
the RPM dependency failure is because you've installed
libvixAllProducts.so via some SDK which others won't have. Otherwise
they'll hit the exact same error you short circuited with -nodeps, which
generally is a bad idea.

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>

Looking to carve out IT costs?