[Fedora-packaging] Package dependence and build system choice

frank frank at cloud.com
Fri Dec 3 20:03:40 UTC 2010

Hi developers:
     I am working on packaging our project into Fedora. Here some questions I want to consult for you.
     Our project is Java based, it depends on many thirdpartt JARs that some are already in Fedora and some are not.

     1. For those absent JARs, how should I handle them? Could directly include them in my package?
         I saw some packages do directly include JARs even these JARs are available in other packages. e.g. eclipse-pde

     2. We use ANT to build and deploy our software, however, we also use waf to do configuration because ANT is not strong on this part.
         Will this be a problem? I really see some Java project mixed uses GNU tool and ANT, so I guess it's also ok for mixing ANT with waf.

     thank you.